SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – Learn what it is, how it will immensely benefit you, and exactly how to get it for your website for free! You can make money from your website through generic searches which costs no money out of pocket, or you can pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars for ads on Google. Which would you prefer?
This article is going to explain to you exactly what search engine optimization is and the various ways you can achieve it for your website without paying for ads!
SEO Marketing Explained
Here are a couple of definitions of SEO I got online:
So what does this gibberish mean? LOL. OK, so the first definition talks about increasing the quality and quantity of “traffic” to your website. So, what is “traffic?” This is the term for people who come to your website. They are the “traffic,” your visitors, and if you get more “traffic” to your site, a couple of things happen:
- This traffic generically improves your ranking on Google, so more traffic = higher rankings = even more traffic (keeps going…) because Google now sees you as a more credible website because people are going to it.
- Every person who visits your website is a potential buyer for your program or products. If your goal is to make money from your website, “traffic” is the name of the game!
The second definition above talks about strategies, techniques and tactics! Well, that sounds complicated, right? However, it really isn’t complicated at all. For generic SEO results you are going to follow a simple strategy:
Use perfect keywords for your domain name and each post title. How to get perfect keywords is discussed here in this article:
How to find the perfect domain name, one that is search engine optimized to get you to the number 1 spot on page 1 of Google, is discussed in this article here:
When you are done reading this SEO article here, you can go to those two articles for a full explanation of exactly how to optimize your website with a cool free tool!
Ranking on Page 1 of Google
The entire purpose of “optimizing” your website is to get up to that coveted number 1 spot on google for your keywords. Please don’t run away – I promise you that you can get full training on exactly how to implement strategies to accomplish this goal.
So why the number 1 spot on page 1 of Google? That’s where people will SEE YOU and CLICK ON YOUR WEBSITE! They are not going to go all the way down page 1 and then click on page 2 and go all the way down page 2 and click on page 3 where you might be proudly sitting. This is not going to bring you success. Success is achieved when you are on page 1 of Google for your keywords.
If you read those other two articles, you will have a firm understanding of keywords and how to get the perfect keywords to help you rank on page 1.
But keywords aside, what are some other steps you need to take in order to rank on page 1 for your keywords?
Website activity is another key factor
If your website is not active, Google will not find it important and relevant enough to display it on page 1 when people search your keywords.
Placing low competition keywords on your site is not enough to rank you in that #1 spot on Google. You need to be sure your website is active, but what does that mean?
How is a website deemed “active?”
You must have visitors coming to the website. This can be a catch-22, right? That’s because when your website is new and has not yet ranked in Google, well how do you get traffic to the site if nobody is finding it in their searches? You could do a couple of things:
1) Contact all your friends and family and give them the link to your website and ask them to visit it a few times a day for you. (This does not sound like the #1 way to get traffic, and while you could certainly ask your friends, there is no guarantee they will carve out time from their busy schedules to help you out.)
or better yet….
2) Join a community of affiliate marketers like the Wealthy Affiliate community. Becoming an active member of Wealthy Affiliate (land you can join for free with no credit card info required) will give you access to the thousands of members, and everyone works together to get traffic to your website and to get comments on your posts. This one aspect of Wealthy Affiliate will boost your ranking with Google quickly. You will also get invaluable training on setting up your site and optimizing it.
3) Get the conversation going on your site. You need to have relevant comments and engage people in dialogue about your post. This is critical. Google views sites with comments as active and interesting and relevant, and they will reward your efforts with a high ranking. So how do you get comments? You could ask friends and family, or you could join the Wealthy Affiliate platform for free, where you can get all the comments you want or need for your site.
Keyword rich post titles and content
As I mentioned above, you can read all about keyword rich titles, but let me go over the content a little bit here. So when you get that perfect post title, let’s say it is Top Foods that make you look younger for your health-niche website. It has a great Jaaxy score, and you’ve titled your post. What about the post itself.
In prior times, it was suggested you pepper the keyword all throughout the post, but this is not longer the case. Now the idea is to mention the exact keyword phrase just one time in that very first paragraph. So you could begin your paragraph with a sentence like: “Everyone wants to look and feel younger, but what are those top foods that make you look younger?” (There are those keywords again). Just one time is all you need – you do NOT want to over-do those keywords or it will be a mark against your in your SEO rankings.
Now let’s discuss the most important aspect of your website, the content!
SEO Optimized Content
What is SEO optimized content? Let me explain:
- It’s relevant, well-thought-out, researched data that is written with the reader in mind. Think about this website right here. You came here looking for specific information to help you get your website optimized, right? You were looking for relevant and timely information, correct? That is what I have provided for you.
- The content must be unique. Now that’s not to say that you won’t be researching your subjects and gathering “information” from other sites, but you want to avoid (at all costs) copying other websites and printing their data as your own. Think of your content like you would a research paper. You want it to be well-vetted and unique.
- The tone should be conversational. Nobody wants to read a textbook, unless your website is a textbook. If you are looking for a specific audience, talk to them the way they talk to each other. You want to engage your visitors. You want them to finish your article and then click to another one because they found value in the first article. Keep it interesting and fun so people become excited to have found your site.
- You need to have good grammar, spelling and punctuation. Google likes it, and people will find your site more credible if they aren’t finding mistakes all over the place. I want to stress the importance of that. With the Wealthy Affiliate program, The software Wealthy Affiliate provides will check all your posts for
- Spelling and
- Sentence Structure.
WordPress SEO Plugin
Every theme suggests you download the wordpress SEO plugin, and this give you the ability to add those keywords to this plugin as well for even better ;optimization. It is a simple process. You go to your WordPress dashboard and go to Plugins – Add new. Then you would search for All in One SEO Pack and install it onto your WordPress site.
Be sure to join the WordPress Community for help with WordPress issues. You will find a huge amount of support from the Wealthy Affiliate community as well. You can ask a specific question whenever you want, and a whole group of people will pitch in and give you advice and suggestions. It’s pretty incredible to have that kind of support 24/7 when you are building your websites.
SEO can seem like a complicated process, but it is just taking specfic steps and providing quality content to your readers (your audience) that will bring you great success.
I would love to hear from you – your questions, your comments, your experiences, please share. Also, if you do take advantage of the free membership with Wealthy Affiliate, please reach out to me inside the platform and let me know you’re there. I am always here for you – just reach out! I’m so excited for you!
Starting out can be tough, I know, so I will also be sharing lots of free resources to get you going.I am dedicated to providing this information to my readers, and I hope you always feel free to reach out to me.
Thanks for visiting my page!
Latest posts by Babs Wagner (see all)
- How to sell artwork online!Your own or other people’s!! - September 28, 2019
- Make money as stay home mom!You got this! - September 17, 2019
- How to sell books online!With inventory!Without inventory! - September 14, 2019