This article will give a complete overview of the Wealthy Affiliate program, from what is offered, how the training works, how much it costs, and the benefits of joining the program, with the free membership and then the Premium membership explained. When you’re done reading this article, you will no longer need to ask the question, “What is the Wealthy Affiliate about?”
The Wealthy Affiliate platform is designed for affiliate marketers. It is a place for new and seasoned marketers to:
- Build websites
- Take training classes to learn how to affiliate market step-by-step
- Get guidance and assistance
- Have access to the Jaaxy Keyword Analysis tool
- Learn from other members
- Get traffic and website comments from other members
Each member is typically invited to join the program from another member. If you were to join through my website, for example, you would join under me, so I would receive commission if you were to upgrade to Premium. Once you become a member, I would reach out to you inside the Wealthy Affiliate platform. If you’re ever need any help along the way, you will always have a way to reach out to me immediately. I am an active member of the Wealthy Affiliate platform, so I am on it every day.
The link to sign-up for the free membership is the big orange button at the bottom of Part 2. Once you read the rest of this article, then I believe you will understand that to join is 100% free, no credit card info requested at all, so you really have nothing to lose, and you have a whole lot to gain by joining.
Introduction to Wealthy Affiliate
Once you’re sign up for your free membership, you will be directed to a page, and a little pop-up will appear. This is your guide around the platform, and it only takes a couple of minutes, so you want to click the green button to Start the tour so you can become familiar with the platform.
You can also view the platform in the next article in this series, What is the Wealthy Affiliate about – Part 2 – Tour where you will be taken right through the sign-up process and walk-through of the Wealthy Affiliate Platform. You can see first-hand what it looks like. Get started 100% for free right now! Be an action-taker! No credit card required:
Choose your niche
The videos and training will walk you through your next steps of choosing your niche and setting up your first website. This is the beginning of the journey, but let’s be prepared before we jump right in. This is an important step, so please take a minute and read this article to make sure you have chosen the niche that is right for you.
Build your content
Your website is where you’re going to provide information on your niche to your readers. It’s your blog. You will research and provide great “content” (articles) for your readers. This is the meat of the website, the engine of your business, it is the critical piece of the puzzle that will bring your visitors (traffic) to your website, and this will ultimately make you money.
With your free Wealthy Affiliate membership, you will have access to the content builder with the templates to build your pages and posts. You will also have 30 free Jaaxy Keyword searches, and you can read all about how Jaaxy can help you build your content on your website here:
Speaking of which, let’s get into the “affiliate” portion of the “affiliate marketing.”
When I am building my niche website to affiliate market with, my first priority is my content. As I am building my content, I begin to research and look into various types of products that I could promote that would solve whatever problem or issue I was writing about.
The way affiliate marketing works is as follows:
1) You contact a retailer and ask if they have an affiliate program or go to the retailer’s affiliate page if they have one and apply. To apply, you will have to write a little blurb about your website and why you believe that their product would be a perfect fit for your website and maybe a little about how you would market it. The retailer will then send you an email with your affiliate login information when you have been approved.
2) You always want to make sure you read the retailer’s affiliate agreement to be sure you are complying with that company’s particular rules and requirements when it comes to marketing their products on your website. Very important!!
3) You go into your back office of your affiliate account, and the retailer will provide you with your affiliate link for that product. What that means is you’re direct people to the retailer’s website to buy the product through that link, through your personal affiliate link. Some companies and products will give you HTML code (Amazon.com is one of them) to put on your website which will pull through a picture of the product and the price.
4) You take the necessary steps to draw traffic to your website and when people click on your affiliate link and buy the product you’re are marketing, you get paid. With Amazon.com, if the customer doesn’t buy your product but they buy another product on the Amazon.com site, you still get paid, which is a pretty nice feature of Amazon.com.
Here is an article that gives a full definition of Affiliate Marketing:
How Wealthy Affiliate helps you affiliate market
The other great benefit of your Wealthy Affiliate premium membership is the community involvement in providing comments on your posts and feedback on your site. As a Premium Member, you are driving Wealthy Affiliate members to your website, they are looking around, they are commenting on your posts, and all of this activity gives Google the impression your site is credible and worth ranking.
Wealthy Affiliate is a genius platform, and it is fully automated. You can even earn money providing comments on other people’s sites. How cool is that?
If you’re not sure about the way you set up your site or a particular page, you can put your page or website up for community review, and people will review your site and give your feedback. It is so helpful! You can even narrow down the type of feedback you want. Do you want feedback on the design, the pictures, the content? You ask for what you specifically want, or all of the above. It’s great!
Go ahead and head on over to part 2 of this series next!
Read the full 4-part series on Wealthy Affiliate here:
START 100% FREE
Thank for stopping by!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you found this article of value!
I’ve been marketing online for many years, and I pride myself in providing you with the most up-to-date, relevant information to start and grow your affiliate marketing business!
Please leave me a comment below, or if you prefer to contact me personally, you can email me at Babs@CoachingforInternetMarketers.com.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Starting out can be tough, I know, so I will also be sharing lots of free resources to get you going.I am dedicated to providing this information to my readers, and I hope you always feel free to reach out to me.
Thanks for visiting my page!
Latest posts by Babs Wagner (see all)
- What is hootsuite about?Will it save me hours marketing daily? - August 8, 2019
- What is 1password? No more remembering passwords? - August 8, 2019
- Post on Instagram from computer!No phone needed! - August 7, 2019